2.19.2010

I Heart New York

If you want a shot of inspiration, go to New York for 3 days with art-lovin' girlfriends and see as much art as humanly possible; at night, spend time with your husband who is there on business and is equally excited about opportunities he is encountering.

p.s. make sure your in-laws are available to be with your children before arranging the trip and have nanny stop by periodically to make sure in-laws do not become overwhelmed.

Highlights from the trip:

Mary Boone (amazing gallery spaces + beautifully executed, engrossing works of art = nirvana)

 
 

Jen Beckman (petite gallery + pastel, pastry-like paintings = delight)

 
 


Takashimaya (fresh cut poppies + artful toys and  handmade clothes = higher standards for what I put in my home, on my body and children's bodies, and in my children's hands to play with)

 

 


Megan Craig (philosopher + artist + new mother = relief that there is someone else out there juggling motherhood and art)




1 comment:

Karen Appleton said...

Perfect recap Kate!! My top favs too. Fraser dreamed I would be in Mary Boone, and look, there I am :)

I miss NY :( When can we all go back???